A dessert the whole family can enjoy!
Hot Chocolate pudding can be enjoyed by the whole family, and even the little ones can help make it.
Makes about 6-8 servings.
Total Time: 4 hr 30 min (includes cooling and chilling times)
Active Time: 20 min
4 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup hot cocoa, plus more for sprinkling
1/3 cup cornstarch
5 large egg yolks, beaten
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Whipped cream, for topping
1. In a large saucepan, heat the 4 cups of milk over medium heat until steaming
2. While milk is heating, mix the sugar, hot cocoa mix, cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Beat in the egg yolks and the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
3. Slowly add half of the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking constantly until smooth. Gradually whisk the egg-milk mixture into the remaining hot milk in the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture has thickened to a pudding-like consistency, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
4. Let the pudding cool slightly, stirring a few times to prevent a skin from forming. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding and refrigerate until it has completely cooled and thickened, about 4 hours.
5. Before serving, whisk the pudding vigorously until it’s smooth and creamy. Spoon it into serving bowls and top with dollops of whipped cream and a sprinkling of hot chocolate mix.
Need the mix?
Buy it here.